Listings are provided free of charge as a service to our members and to employing institutions. The chapter cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of the material. Ads will run for two months unless or until word is received that a given position has been filled. Please submit the following by email to email@example.com:
Institution name and address
Contact email and phone
Job description and instrument details
Delmar Presbyterian Church
585 Delaware Ave
Delmar, NY 12054
Delmar Presbyterian Church seeks a Music Director with strong keyboard ability (including pipe organ), a broad knowledge of traditional and contemporary sacred music, and a flexible, positive attitude. The Director of Music collaborates with the Pastor and church leaders to develop a comprehensive and theologically appropriate church music program, including an adult choir, Bell Choir, and solo musicians.
Delmar Presbyterian Church is a mid-sized progressive congregation located in Delmar, New York. We are a mission-based, community-oriented Presbyterian congregation of 150+ members. We offer a part-time salaried position of approximately 15 hours per week, reporting to the Pastor. Start date is negotiable, but ideally sometime in March 2022. Interested applicants should submit a letter, resume, and list of your five favorite songs or pieces of music (sacred or not) with a brief explanation of your choices by Friday, January 21, 2022 to Delmar Presbyterian Church, Attn: Director of Music Search Committee, 585 Delaware Ave., Delmar, NY 12054, or by e-mail (PDF format preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Music Application.”
Detailed Job Description provided upon request.
Our Redeemer Lutheran Church
103 S Reynolds St
Scotia, NY 12302
Organist/Pianist for worship services at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church. Pipe organ experience is helpful but not required. About 65 service days a year (Sundays and mid-week). Music director also accompanies and directs the choir, selects anthems & hymns, and should attend Worship and Music meetings.
Inquiries to Pastor May at email@example.com or call the church at 518-393-5031.
Minister of Music and Arts
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Westminster Presbyterian Church
Position Type: Part-Time up to 0.5 FTE / with benefits
WPC has a reputation for offering music of the highest quality during worship as well as hosting organ concerts and other special musical events. We are a diverse urban church with a variety of ministries, one of which is the ministry of music. We believe that music is an essential part of our spirituality: we view music not just as a performance, but as an expression of our faith. We hold dear the tenet that music should reflect all who gather to worship, near and far, as we gather in-person and virtually. We believe it is important to encourage all members of the church to participate in the music ministry. We are seeking a musician whose vision complements our vision. For more information about us: https://www.wpcalbany.org/
- Bridge building
- Risk taker
- Embraces change
- Demonstrates strong skills in choral conducting, training, and/or possesses organ/keyboard skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Music or equivalent experience
- Possesses a deep familiarity with the Christian faith and understands the Christian year
- Embraces diversity in general and specifically in our musical offerings
- Makes a creative contribution to the total church program
- Demonstrates leadership abilities
- Possesses strong organizational skills
- Works collegially in planning and programming and in providing support, encouragement, and guidance for ministerial and support staff
- Demonstrates knowledge of the theology and practice of worship
- Works effectively with a wide variety of people of all ages
- Lead, create and share our vision to diversify our music to represent young and old as well as building bridges between all our diverse members
- Encourage congregational singing as an essential part of worship
- Encourage and support youth in expressing their musicality and spirituality, through singing or playing an instrument
- Build and foster growth in adult and youth choir participation
- Understand the importance of planning and task management
- Plan and oversee the music budget
- Continue regular maintenance of the IV/52 E.M. Skinner Opus 780 (1929; reinstalled 2003 with new 10-rank Austin Antiphonal Division) pipe organ, pianos, handbells, chimes, harpsicord, and other church-owned musical instruments
- Remain up to date with current trends in music as well as understanding the beauty of classic sacred music
- Remain active in professional development
- Maintain your craft as a musician and church leader
- Model a Christian attitude of welcome and concern, fostering supportive and caring relationships among choir members and other participants in the music ministry program
- Teach how music is connected to the worship service’s biblical and spiritual message
Salary Range: Commensurate with education, hours and skill sets
Church of the Cross
129 Champlain Ave., Ticonderoga, NY 12883
To provide music for a weekly 10AM Sunday Service
Music to include Prelude, Postlude, and accompaniment for hymns as well as other music during the service
To provide music for Christmas Eve Service, usually scheduled for 4PM
This position will report to the Rector
Time required is estimated to be 2 hours per week
Salary is flexible
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This lovely 1885 church has a small dynamic parish. Our organist of 40 years retired and due to COVID we have not tried to replace her.
Now we are praying that a music student or retired musician would be willing to bring music and joy to our parish. We hope to find someone who would love to play our 1902 Tracker Pipe Organ. We also have a Clavinova.
Our church parish follows COVID recommendations to keep everyone safe.
Minister of Music
First Congregational Church
4 Main St., Stockbridge, MA 01262
The First Congregational Church of Stockbridge, MA, seeks an organist-choirmaster to lead and coordinate the music programs of the congregation. Primary duties include organist/pianist and senior choir director for Sunday services, coordination of volunteer directors of a bell choir and a children’s choir, engagement of other talented members of the congregation, planning of a 3-4 concert series in our sanctuary for the larger community by other artists in the area, along with directing or coordinating other music programs or events that may be developed.
The congregation is the second oldest Congregational church in Berkshire County, a culturally rich and popular area of Western MA. We are an open and affirming congregation of approximately 200 members which supports a sanctuary with a two-manual updated Johnson pipe organ and a 1907 Steinway B piano, along with a 3-octave set of Schmulerich handbells and a Yamaha concert grand piano in the fellowship hall. The senior choir numbers approximately 14 singers with three being paid section leaders.
The Minister of Music works under the direction of the Pastor in planning Sunday worship and with the advice and assistance of a lay Board of Music. The hours are approximately one-third time with commensurate compensation and benefits, to be negotiated depending on actual hours and qualifications. For further information and/or to apply for this position contact Will Garrison, Office Administrator, office@stockbridgeUCC.org or 413-298-3137. Qualifications will be reviewed beginning January 1, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled.
Christ Church of the Hills
4809 Mariaville Road
Schenectady, NY 12306
Contact Rev. Susan Strang at 518-346-1900
DIRECTOR and ORGANIST
St. Joseph’s in Fort Edward and St. Mary’s/St. Paul’s in Hudson Falls
St. Joseph’s in Fort Edward New York and St. Mary’s/St. Paul’s
church in Hudson Falls (we are affiliated thru the same Reverend Thomas Babiuch)
is in search of a music director and organist.
Contact Suzie at email@example.com, or call 518-747-5117 - Monday thru Friday 9.am to 1 pm.
FULL TIME DIRECTOR OF MUSIC MINISTRIES (Organist/Director of Choirs)
Trinity United Methodist Church
Position expected to begin July 1, 2021
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church
200 Pleasant St, Bennington, VT 05201
St. Peter’s Episcopal Church in Bennington, VT (stpetersvt.org) is looking for a part-time Music Minister who is up to the multiple challenges of integrating music with worship in the time of pandemic and its eventual aftermath. This is a quarter-time (8-10 hours/week) position that calls on creativity, adaptability and ability to work well with a team of lay people and clergy to craft worship that is engaging and meaningful to all.
As part of the ministry team, the Music Minister is someone who can inspire people along their faith journeys through music and who can nurture a love and appreciation of musical talent among everyone. Our anchor for worship music has been the 1982 Hymnal, but we are open to other sources.
St Peter’s is a small congregation in the midst of significant change and renewal, transitioning from full-time clergy leadership to a team made up of part-time clergy and laypeople. The restrictions imposed by Covid-19 mean that we have been worshiping online (via Zoom and Facebook Live) and outdoors. We like music to be a regular part of our worship, but need help in making it happen. We are looking for someone who can also work collaboratively with an open-minded Worship Team.
Currently, while unable to gather indoors for worship, we are looking for someone who can:
• Develop a cohort of musicians to perform either vocally and/or instrumentally within the limitations of Zoom gathering and Covid-19 safety protocols;
• Develop web-based resources, including the possibility of video, for use during worship, with special musical offerings by resident musicians or guests for major feast days; and
• Gather our musical talent twice a year for fellowship and celebration.
We anticipate that worship will not fully return to its pre-pandemic form once Covid-19 has passed, so we are looking for someone adaptable to the needs of the day. The traditional duties include:
• Selecting and accompanying all music for one weekly Sunday worship service, special worship services, and other events in conjunction with the Worship Team;
• Directing an adult choir of five to ten singers of varying levels of musical skill from September through mid-June with a weekly evening rehearsal;
• Arranging for guest musicians and soloists during the summer months;
• Playing and arranging maintenance of a 13-rank, two-manual Hook/Estey pipe organ and three Baldwin pianos;
• Maintaining the music library; and
• Nurturing new talents and voices.
We are looking for someone with:
• Some familiarity with Christian worship and of Episcopal liturgical and musical traditions;
• An understanding and commitment to the role of music in liturgy;
• An ability to work in a mixed context of live, pre-recorded, in-person and online worship;
• The inclination to be a teacher and mentor to people of all ages and abilities; and
• Good interpersonal skills, the ability to work collaboratively and to prioritize their time.
For more information about St. Peter’s, visit stpetersvt.org or call 802-442-2911.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to our Church Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.