Listings are provided free of charge as a service to our members and to employing institutions. The chapter cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of the material. Ads will run for two months unless or until word is received that a given position has been filled. Please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Institution name and address
Contact email and phone
Job description and instrument details
Festival Celebration Choir
Accompanist/Assistant Director needed for Festival Celebration Choir. Concerts in December and May. Rehearses Monday evening. Both organ and piano proficiency desired. Contact Albert Yasus: email@example.com, 518-253-3770
Christ Church of the Hills
4809 Mariaville Rd., Schenectady, NY 12306
State Street Presbyterian Church
4 Catherine St., Schenectady, NY 12307
Organist needed at both churches.
Contact Rev. Susan Strang 518-346-1900.
Organist / pianist / adult choir director
Christ Church United Methodist
54 Bay St, Glens Falls, NY 12801
Church organist/pianist/adult choir director needed for weekly Sunday morning services beginning June 30, 2019. Salaried position involving approximately 8-10 hours a week. Choir rehearses on Sunday mornings prior to the 10:00 am service. The sanctuary instruments are a 1974 Casavant organ with electropneumatic action and 52 ranks of pipes and a Kawai baby grand piano. For more detailed job information, interested applicants should contact the church office at 518-793-3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or email a cover letter and resume to the attention of Penny Schiek, Handbell Director, before June 10th.
Bethany Reformed Church
760 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208
Bethany Reformed Church, a small church near St. Peter’s Hospital, is looking for a music director to play the organ and lead adult and possible bell choirs. Duties include planning the music program in partnership with the Pastor and serving as organist for regular, special services, and, with additional compensation when available, for weddings and funerals. The competitive compensation package and a full job description is available upon request. Interested parties can contact the church office by email at email@example.com. Please put “organist” in the subject line.
Director of Children’s Music and Church Pianist
St. George’s Episcopal Church
912 NY-146, Clifton Park, NY 12065
The Director of Children’s Music and Church Pianist should have a demonstrated track record of leadership in music and ministry. A college degree or commensurate experience is required. The Director of Children’s Music and Church Pianist should demonstrate a mature Christian faith and commitment to the Anglican/Episcopal tradition.
Qualities we desire in an ideal candidate are:
- Leadership ability—able to work collegially with musicians, artists and other leaders, and pastorally with parents and members in a diverse community. Can effectively recruit and maintain membership in the children’s music program.
- Theologically grounded—able to articulate a theology of worship that demonstrates a solid grasp of historic principles and contemporary issues in Christian worship. Likewise, the director will be called to Christian formation and will view their work as discipleship through music.
- Musically trained—understands music from a variety of genres and generations, including contemporary music (“praise and worship,” contemporary arrangements of traditional hymns and the music of the world church). Can read and teach musical notation from a variety of genres. Has a sufficient level of experience and training in ensemble conducting and rehearsal techniques.
- Piano proficiency – has the necessary keyboard skills to play 4-part hymnody, typical choral accompaniments, and contemporary worship music (reading from a lead sheet). Sight-reading ability necessary.
- Pedagogical experience – able to teach a variety of music to a variety of ages, but especially to young children and beginners as well as integrate gospel based Christian formation into music education.
- Oversee the creation of a children’s church music training program (CCMTP), to include curriculum development, recruitment and execution.
- Assure that the CCMTP meets safety standards and conforms to the church mission statement.
- Supervise all paid and volunteer staff in the CCMTP.
- Accompany the adult choir at Thursday rehearsals and as necessary in Sunday worship.
- Play keyboard in the praise band.
- Manage equipment, instruments and music for CCMTP including copyrights and library.
- Draft and manage the budget for CCMTP.
- Develop CCMTP in the light of changing resources and community needs.
- Plan special and seasonal programs in CCMTP.
- Other responsibilities as agreed upon under the direction of the Rector.
Compensation This is a part time position with a base salary commensurate with experience, education and the salaries for similar positions in other churches in our area. In addition to the base salary the director of the CCMTP will also receive a percentage of student tuition.
Interested parties should contact Mother Elizabeth Papazoglakis, Associate Rector at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church
10 N Main Ave, Albany, NY 12203
St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Albany is looking for a music director to lead the choir and play the organ. Duties include planning the music program in partnership with the Rector and the Worship Committee, serving as organist for regular and special liturgies, and serving as Choir Director. The position is for approximately fifteen hours a week and includes a competitive compensation package. A full job description is available upon request. Interested parties can contact the church office by email at email@example.com
Paid Choir Positions (2)
St. Paul’s Church
88 3rd St, Troy, NY 12180
Two openings at St. Paul’s Church, Troy: Mezzo Soprano (alto) and Soprano.
Rehearsals are Thursday evenings, 7:00-9:00
Sunday morning rehearsal at 9:00, Holy Eucharist at 10:00
The generally sings two anthems or motets, chants the Psalm and Gospel Acclamation. Sometimes we do a full choral Eucharist.
Strong sight-reading skills required.
The choir sings through the end of June.
Inquiries should be directed to Christopher Uhl, organist-choirmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-275-7704
Part Time Organist
42 White Church Ln, Troy, NY 12180
Brunswick Church is seeking a part-time organist. They will provide organ and piano accompaniment for the Sunday 11:00 a.m. worship service, including choir and special music accompaniment. The organist is requested to be available for the following:
- weekly choir rehearsals (Sept. through June)
- additional worship services during Advent and Lent
- funeral services, as requested (right of first refusal for nonchurch affiliated individuals)
- other events, as requested
The organist will report to the Senior Pastor and collaborate with Choir Director, and the worship planning team, to select music appropriate to the theme of the worship services.
Pastor Henry Kim
42 White Church Ln, Troy, NY 12180
Brynswick Church is seeking a part time Choir Director. Position involves planning the music and directing the activities of the church choir and several emsembles (i.e., women’s vocal group, men’s vocal group, and an instrumental group), including scheduled rehearsals and weekly performance at the 11:00am Sunday service. Pay will be based on experience. Experience directing a church choir is required.
Pastor Henry Kim
Part time Music Director
2nd Congregational Church
Seeking a part-time music director. The work is expected to take 5-8 hrs/wk. Duties include working with the pastor to plan music for the weekly services and providing accompaniment on organ and/or piano for all services.
Would also consider a candidate to serve as organist/pianist only.
For full description of duties, salary, etc. e-mail email@example.com
Part time Music Director
First Church of Christ, Congregational (MA)
27 East Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201
Part-time: 15-20 hours per week
Sunday Worship Service plus Maundy Thursday & Christmas Eve
Instruments: Austin Organ, Four Manual (1952 & 1959), Steinway piano
Choir rehearsals: One per week and Sunday Warm Up – September through May.
Send Resume to:
Music Director Search Committee
First Church of Christ, Congregational
27 East Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201