Listings are provided free of charge as a service to our members and to employing institutions. The chapter cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of the material. Ads will run for two months unless or until word is received that a given position has been filled. Please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Institution name and address
Contact email and phone
Job description and instrument details
Part time Music Director
2nd Congregational Church
Seeking a part-time music director. The work is expected to take 5-8 hrs/wk. Duties include working with the pastor to plan music for the weekly services and providing accompaniment on organ and/or piano for all services. For full description of duties, salary, etc. e-mail email@example.com
Organist and Choirmaster
St. John’s Episcopal Church
35 Park St., Williamstown, MA 01267
There is a long history of enthusiastic choral and congregational singing at St. John’s. We count on our music program to feed, inspire, and support the vitality of the congregation. The adult choir currently has over 20 members. Recently we have introduced a RSCM Voice For Life Program with junior choristers.
The following description presupposes an average work week of 20 hours over the course of one year. Neither choir rehearses or sings in the summer.
- Play the organ and piano and direct the parish choirs at Sunday services. Three vacation Sundays will be provided, the parish paying for substitutes.
- Direct the parish Adult Choir, preparing them to sing on every Sunday from the Sunday after Labor Day through the middle of June, and on Christmas Eve and Maundy Thursday.
- Direct the Choristers (children chorus) utilizing the RSCM’s “Voice for Life” curriculum, and work with the Music Scholar Assistant Director. The Choristers sing in church one Sunday a month October – May.
- Play the organ for Christmas, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Vigil services, as well as other special services from time to time as agreed upon with the Rector.
- When available, play the organ at funerals and weddings, with honoraria to be paid by families at a rate determined by the Organist and the Rector. The organist will have “first refusal” for such services. When not available, he or she may be asked to assist in finding an organist.
- Arrange for one selection of special music at monthly Vespers, and either play for these services or arrange for someone else to play.
- Select choir anthems. With the Rector, select service music and hymns for Sundays and other services noted above. Assist with preparation of service leaflets.
- Maintain the parish’s music library.
- Oversee the maintenance of the organ and the parish’s four pianos.
- Oversee the parish’s music budget.
- Arrange for guest musicians and volunteers from within the parish and the community to occasionally enrich our worship services.
- Arrange for substitute organist/accompanist when needed.
- Support efforts to make the parish’s worship accessible and effective for all our generations, including participation in occasional worship forums, collaboration with parish staff, and utilization of the parish’s various means of communication.
- Share with our Coordinator of Special Events responsibility to respond to requests to use St. John’s as a concert venue. As needed and available, share responsibility to attend and host such concerts.
- Safe Church Training must be completed within four months of employment and renewed every three years.
- Employment is contingent upon clearing a CORI check.
- The Organist/Choir Director reports to the Rector and works collaboratively with other program staff.
Compensation: Competitive. Commensurate with experience.
Contact: The Rev. Nathaniel Anderson – Rector. firstname.lastname@example.org
Organist / Accompanist
Shenendehowa United Methodist Church
Clifton Park, NY
Position Description: The position of Organist/Accompanist is an integral part of the worship at Shenendehowa United Methodist Church, contributing significantly to the quality of worship. The Organist reports directly to the Senior Pastor; works collaboratively with the Director of Traditional Music Ministries and the Contemporary Worship Director.
Shenendehowa United Methodist Church: Shenendehowa UMC is part of the growing Clifton Park community. We have an active congregation involved in mission activities for people of all ages. Our exciting music ministry includes traditional vocal choirs, hand bell choirs, youth choirs & youth band, as well as an adult contemporary worship band. It is through these ministries that we focus on our mission of connecting people to Christ and community.
- A high degree of technical proficiency in playing the organ and piano.
- Experience playing hymns, accompanying choirs, sight-reading.
- Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
- Committed to the church’s vision, mission, leadership, and people.
- Willingness to participate in non traditional music (keyboard desirable)
Instruments: Allen digital organ with six ranks of pipes attached; Kawai Grand Piano; Clavinova and Roland digital keyboards.
- Play organ/piano music for the traditional Sunday service at 9 am. Generally including but not limited to: Prelude, Hymns (selected through collaboration), Choral Anthems, Offertory, Communion, Postlude
- Rehearse each week with the Chancel and Junior Choirs & occasionally with other ensembles or soloists.
- Establish a personal weekly rehearsal time at the organ. These established practice times will be protected.
- Collaborate with the music team for planning and preparation of worship services and other events.
- Submit the titles and composers of music literature to the church office for inclusion in the Sunday bulletin.
- Additional services that are part of base pay may include special choir concerts, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter service, Christmas Eve services. These additional rehearsals, services/events are scheduled with the concurrence of the music team and senior pastor.
- Provide for qualified substitutes for all absences.
- Provide accompaniment for funerals, memorial services, and weddings as able, with fees being paid by participating parties.
Hours: 6 -8 hours per week on average
Pay/Benefits: Commensurate with experience/education
May use the organ/piano to provide private lessons
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an audition and interview.
Job Type: Part-time
- organist: 5 years
Applicants should submit a resume through indeed.com
Immanuel Lutheran Church
- Able to play both organ and piano
- Open to working with other musicians
- Open to both traditional and contemporary worship music
- Able to aid in design of weekly worship experiences
- Allen Digital Computer Organ
- Baldwin Digital Piano
- Rev. Matthew Schultz