Listings are provided free of charge as a service to our members and to employing institutions. The chapter cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of the material. Ads will run for two months unless or until word is received that a given position has been filled. Please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Institution name and address
Contact email and phone
Job description and instrument details
42 White Church Ln, Troy, NY 12180
Brunswick Church is seeking a part-time Choir Director. Position involves planning the music and directing the activities of the church choir and several ensembles (i.e. women’s vocal group, men’s vocal group, and an instrumental group), including scheduled rehearsals and weekly performance at the 11:00am Sunday service. Pay will be based on experience. We are looking for someone with a solid background in music with a heart for ministry. Experience directing a church choir is required.
Part time Music Director
First Church of Christ, Congregational (MA)
27 East Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201
Part-time: 15-20 hours per week
Sunday Worship Service plus Maundy Thursday & Christmas Eve
Instruments: Austin Organ, Four Manual (1952 & 1959), Steinway piano
Choir rehearsals: One per week and Sunday Warm Up – September through May.
Send Resume to:
Music Director Search Committee
First Church of Christ, Congregational
27 East Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201
Director of Music Ministry
Saint George’s Episcopal Church
30 N Ferry, Schenectady, NY 12305
Saint George’s Episcopal Church Schenectady is seeking a Director of Music Ministry. Music is an integral part of the life of this parish. We are seeking a skilled musician who, under the leadership of the clergy, will exercise an important ministry that reaches out to the choir, congregation, and community. The Director of Music Ministry will be responsible for directing the choir, educating, serving as principal musician for the congregation, and being an engaged member of our staff. The position is part time with benefits including housing on the St. George’s campus in the beautiful and historic Stockade district of Schenectady. Interested parties should send a resume with references to office@stgeorgesschenectady or 30 N Ferry, Schenectady, NY 12305.
Unitarian Universalist Society of Schenectady
1221 Wendell Ave, Schenectady, NY 12308
The Unitarian Universalist Society of Schenectady is seeking a new Music Director who is dynamic, creative, and a team player. This individual should have strong keyboard skills, a diverse repertoire, and experience directing choirs.
This congregation is enthusiastic about diversity in worship, including music, and has been engaged in deep work towards becoming anti-racist and anti-oppressive in all we do. Our newly settled Co-ministers are eager to partner with the Music Director to create meaningful, transformative worship.
This is a half-time position. This congregation supports the fair compensation range of the Unitarian Universalist Association based on experience and expertise.
Visit the link below to learn more. We’d love to hire someone as soon as possible, though we’ll continue accepting applications until we have selected a candidate. Our initial deadline is Dec. 1.
For more info:
St. Joseph’s Church
416 Third St., Troy, NY
Seeking an organist to direct the choir and play the organ for the traditional Latin Mass celebrated each Sunday at twelve noon. Contact Roy Bordeau on 518-369-0770 if interested.
Part time Music Director
2nd Congregational Church
Seeking a part-time music director. The work is expected to take 5-8 hrs/wk. Duties include working with the pastor to plan music for the weekly services and providing accompaniment on organ and/or piano for all services.
Would also consider a candidate to serve as organist/pianist only.
For full description of duties, salary, etc. e-mail email@example.com
Organist and Choirmaster
St. John’s Episcopal Church
35 Park St., Williamstown, MA 01267
There is a long history of enthusiastic choral and congregational singing at St. John’s. We count on our music program to feed, inspire, and support the vitality of the congregation. The adult choir currently has over 20 members. Recently we have introduced a RSCM Voice For Life Program with junior choristers.
The following description presupposes an average work week of 20 hours over the course of one year. Neither choir rehearses or sings in the summer.
- Play the organ and piano and direct the parish choirs at Sunday services. Three vacation Sundays will be provided, the parish paying for substitutes.
- Direct the parish Adult Choir, preparing them to sing on every Sunday from the Sunday after Labor Day through the middle of June, and on Christmas Eve and Maundy Thursday.
- Direct the Choristers (children chorus) utilizing the RSCM’s “Voice for Life” curriculum, and work with the Music Scholar Assistant Director. The Choristers sing in church one Sunday a month October – May.
- Play the organ for Christmas, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Vigil services, as well as other special services from time to time as agreed upon with the Rector.
- When available, play the organ at funerals and weddings, with honoraria to be paid by families at a rate determined by the Organist and the Rector. The organist will have “first refusal” for such services. When not available, he or she may be asked to assist in finding an organist.
- Arrange for one selection of special music at monthly Vespers, and either play for these services or arrange for someone else to play.
- Select choir anthems. With the Rector, select service music and hymns for Sundays and other services noted above. Assist with preparation of service leaflets.
- Maintain the parish’s music library.
- Oversee the maintenance of the organ and the parish’s four pianos.
- Oversee the parish’s music budget.
- Arrange for guest musicians and volunteers from within the parish and the community to occasionally enrich our worship services.
- Arrange for substitute organist/accompanist when needed.
- Support efforts to make the parish’s worship accessible and effective for all our generations, including participation in occasional worship forums, collaboration with parish staff, and utilization of the parish’s various means of communication.
- Share with our Coordinator of Special Events responsibility to respond to requests to use St. John’s as a concert venue. As needed and available, share responsibility to attend and host such concerts.
- Safe Church Training must be completed within four months of employment and renewed every three years.
- Employment is contingent upon clearing a CORI check.
- The Organist/Choir Director reports to the Rector and works collaboratively with other program staff.
Compensation: Competitive. Commensurate with experience.
Contact: The Rev. Nathaniel Anderson – Rector. firstname.lastname@example.org